The One with the Life is a Party Card Project.
Today I have a card that involves no coloring. What?!? I know, Yes, just stamping, and some die-cutting. I'm using some brand NEW goodies from Catherine Pooler Deisgns. CPD just released four NEW ink colors that you absolutely MUST check out. I only snuck one of the NEW colors in on this card, but all of them are fantastic NEW additions to the CP collection.
If you would like to check out the entire NEW release from Catherine Pooler (CLICK HERE!) to visit her site. I also know a bunch of her Brand Ambassadors and they will have tons of inspiration to share with you all over the internet.
As for my project, I kept it really simple. I am forever making things wonky on my cards. I try really hard to eyeball it... With this card, it doesn't matter! You can be a wonky as you want to be. I started with stamping the candles from the Make a Wish stamp set. I just chose a few of the most interesting looking designs. I arranged them onto my stamping platform in a wonky row making sure to leave room above them to stamp the flame. I used Shea Butter, Eucalyptus, Juniper Mist, limoncello, and Sparkling Berry.
I then stamped the flames. I did this with the small round acrylic Block. I stamped the largest flame image from the Make a Wish stamp set then stamped the smallest flame image within the largest flame (I gave the large flame plenty of time to dry between stamping). As soon as I was done stamping all of the small flames, I covered them with Halo embossing glitter and heat set them. I like to heat this stuff from behind and try to not overheat it. I tend to leave the heat on too long and melt the ever loving crap out of embossing powder. You shouldn't do this, you can definitely over heat it. In the same breath, I can also under heat embossing powder if I'm not paying attention. Especially on large backgrounds. I have missed entire quadrants of backgrounds by missing spots. I also stamped several of both sizes of stars in the same Shea Butter ink and I ink blended a little warm glow around the entire panel using my blender brushes.
For the sentiment, I stamped the "life is a" from the Time to Party sentiment stamp set in black pigment ink using my MISTI. I wanted to make sure stamping directly onto this panel was going to work out for me. So I loaded both the panel and the stamp in my MISTI to ensure my stamping was great quality. I also stamped it twice, to get that extra good stamped image.
I die-cut the "party" portion of the sentiment from the Party word die set. This set also comes with a shadow die, but I didn't use that die on this project, just the word die. I cut it from black cardstock four times and layered each letter together using liquid adhesive. I did not care in which way these letters made it onto the card panel. In fact, the wonkier the better. So I arranged them in a wonky fashion that looked appealing to me and glued them down with the same liquid adhesive.
The entire panel was popped up onto a light gray card base cut to size A2 and scored in a landscape orientation. I used black craft foam and tear tape adhesive to secure it.
I hope that I've inspired you to create something today.
Thank you so much for stoping by my blog today,